COVID Protocols at CCDC
We appreciate your patience and partnership as we’ve worked together to face the challenges of COVID-19.
The NC Department of Health & Human Services has issued a new Childcare Toolkit; therefore, the following COVID protocol changes at the CCDC begin on Monday, February 28, 2022.
- There will be no daily screening in the CLC and no Test Alert phone questionnaire. Instead, please enter through the main CCDC entrance and proceed directly to the classroom to drop off and pick up your children.
- If your child is sent home with illness, the School Nurse will contact you about the next steps and exclusion period. On your child’s first day back after illness, you must check in with the School Nurse at the main CCDC entrance. You will receive a wristband before proceeding to the classroom.
- Masks are optional for all staff and students. If your child wears a mask, it will be removed for napping, eating, drinking, and physical activity.
- The CCDC will not close classrooms due to COVID-19 exposure.
Although NC DHHS no longer recommends exclusion from childcare following exposure, the CCDC will continue to inform you by email if an individual in your child’s classroom tests positive for COVID.
Children and staff who have been exposed are not excluded from the Center but should test by day five after exposure (unless the person tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 90 days).
If the exposed person develops symptoms, they should stay home and get tested immediately.
If the test is negative and an alternate diagnosis is obtained, the person can return to the Center once symptom-free.
Positive Test Protocol
- Children and staff who TEST POSITIVE can return to the Center after completing five days of isolation from the test collection date, and it has been at least 24 hours since they have had a fever without using fever-reducing medicine. The person must continue to wear a mask for an additional five days and must be symptom-free to return to the Center.
- If your child has received the COVID-19 vaccine, please forward a copy of the vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org for your child’s file.
As protocols continue to change, we will notify all families and staff. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us or email us at email@example.com.