Weather & Emergency Updates
In the event of inclement weather, an emergency, or early closing, the CCDC will send relevant updates via the channels below. Thank you for your partnership as we work to keep our children safe!
Our Facebook page
A recorded message on our Main Office line at 704.341.5361.
By Email & Text
We'll send emails and texts to our families and staff.
- Parents, please make sure we have your current email address on file! Update us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have not yet signed up to receive occasional text messages, please email email@example.com with your name and cell phone number, and we will add you to our system.
Local TV News Stations (only if weather-related)
- We will post weather-related closing or delays on WBTV (Channel 3), WCNC (Channel 6), WSOC (Channel 9), and Spectrum News /News 14.
- Any delayed opening will be calculated from 8:00 AM when CCDC regularly opens. (For example, a 2-hour delay would mean we are opening at 10:00 AM.)
- If we send out a message, you will receive it regardless of what day your child regularly attends.
- Early closing messages will always contain information on when/where to pick up your child.
- If you cannot be reached in a time-sensitive emergency, rest assured your child will be protected and cared for while we work to reach you in person.